HD TV Question

Old 01-24-12, 06:09 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
HD TV Question

I have a Direct TV HD/DVR Receiver on one HD TV. In my bedroom, I have a tube tv that needs to be replaced connected to a standard Direct TV DVR. To upgrade to an HD/DVR in that room will cost $149 I was told. That is not affordable right now added on to the cost of a new tv. My question is, will I still have a good picture when I connect an HDTV to the standard receiver? I know this might sound stupid but I was also surprised at the quality of the SD stations on my new HDTV setup after the installation of the HD Receiver.

Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-12, 04:31 PM
C
How long have you had your current set up with directv? I ask because I use directv. I just upgraded to the new hd dvr complete with new dish , multiswitch, and recievers for NO CHARGE. My contract ran out in dec 2011. I got them to treat me as a new customer and all recievers and installation was free.

When you upgraded to the hd dvr did they ask you about replacing all your recievers for free? You did get the hd dvr and install for free?

Old 01-25-12, 06:15 AM
S
I just upgraded and they said I could have an HD Receiver for free but an HD/DVR Receiver would cost $149.00. We record a lot of shows in our house and we like the ability to do four shows at one time.

Old 01-25-12, 04:58 PM
C
Ok, so you wanted an extra dvr so you would have 2 HDTV DVR's. Then the extra charge makes sense.