screw inside tv while trying to wall mount

Old 07-28-12, 06:01 AM
W
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
screw inside tv while trying to wall mount

i tryed to wall mount my tv and the instrustions said to put the screw inside this hole and it just fell in and when i shaked my tv i heard it inside, should i open my tv up and take it out or is it fine in there. it is a vizio vx37l tv

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-12, 06:23 AM
Group Moderator
Received 210 Votes on 186 Posts
If you 100% sure that the screw will not create a short inside the TV, you could leave it.

Old 07-28-12, 06:28 AM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I would check out the back of the tv and see how much trouble it would be to remove the back. If it looks like something you could do, I would get the screw out. Better safe than sorry.

Old 07-28-12, 08:14 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 632 Votes on 584 Posts
If you try removing the back I would have the TV lying face down on a flat surface. Remove the screws from the back. Then gently lift the back, feeling if anything is attached to the back. I don't like removing the back with the TV vertical in case some components are held in place by being sandwiched between the front & back.

Do you think the screw could somewhat easily fit back out a hole or vent slot in the back? If so you could tape a strong magnet to the back of the TV. Hold it screen up and roll & shake until the loose screw is grabbed by the magnet. Then you could try dragging it to the opening for removal. The magnets from an old hard drive work great for stuff like this.