cd player not reading

Old 01-24-01, 12:34 PM
Visiting Guest
can i ask a cd player question in this forum. my cd player (aiwa) is not reading cds all the time. sometimes it will but many times it just spins quickly and never picks up the signal. i just switch cds until i get one that works. does it need cleaning?

Old 01-24-01, 01:11 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
dirty lens could be a possible cause, ...
you say you switch cd's until you get one that works, examine the ones that don't work for stratches on the surface, are all cd's you are using commercially bought music cd's, or computer created (on cd writer)? When you find a cd that works, does it always work on that cd ?

Old 01-25-01, 06:14 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool

Which AWIA is it? If it's one of the series I am thinking it's more than dirty optics. They are notorious for bad/weak optics. I have personaly replaced so many optic setup's in AWIA I no longer need the schematic to do the final focus setup etc. The optics were mass produced and for some reason did not hold up well. In my tenure repairing the AWIA brand, in a 6 month period, I had a pile of service bulletins on how to cover their butt's 1 1/2" thick! So, give me more info...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: