LED TV Motion Blur

Old 09-28-12, 06:08 AM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
LED TV Motion Blur

My Samsung UN46EH6000 LED TV (120 Hz refresh rate) came yesterday and I hooked it up. Compared to the 60 Hz UN46EH5300 I just returned, I am happier with this set, but still not completely satisfied. I am trying to overlook the subtle amount of motion blur, but it is irritating me more and more as I watch. It's not just on certain channels, its all channels, and the standard definition channels look even worse than before because I went from a 40" LCD to a 46" LCD. Perhaps I should back down to a 42"? Not sure what I"m going to do at this point. I've experimented with all the Auto Motion Plus settings and the blur is still there. My 40" Samsung (UN40B640) didn't have any blur whatsoever, and it was also 120 Hz with auto motion plus, so I'm thinking it has to be because the new TV is so much larger. The maximum viewing distance in my living room is about 13 feet and 40" was sufficient--the new TV was kind of an impulse buy. I may just return it altogether and reconnect the old one. Any advice?

Old 09-29-12, 04:39 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
You have to be happy with it, and obviously you're not. If it was me spending that money I would return it and get something I like.

Is there any particular programming that shows this blurring more than others? Fast sports action, perhaps?

Old 09-29-12, 06:50 AM
M
Received 27 Upvotes on 21 Posts
More noticeable for sports and fast-moving scenes, but still evident on regular programming, especially when the image switches quickly from one scene to another. I'm returning the tv today and already hooked up my old one, which I love. Anyone know where I can find a right-angle cord for LCDs? I have one that is right angled on one side (side that connects to TV), but I also need the opposite side (that plugs into the wall) to be a low profile right-angle. The cord that came with the new TV had this type of plug which I really like.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: