Samsung BD-E5300

Old 12-24-12, 12:14 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Samsung BD-E5300

Hi
I have 4 months old blu-ray BD-E5300 bought it brand new , it plays movies fine but when I played a photo blu-ray, DVD or CD it gives me an error " unsupported file format", the format of the photos "JPG" which should be supported according to the manual. I tried the player on a different TV same result. I tried the same Discs on different player but same model it gives me same result . I took the discs and played them on different model of player , played fine. I contacted samsung 3 times with no help more than update the firmwear which i did , then no reset the player, all that did not me any good ! I do not know what to do. Any help Thanks

Old 12-24-12, 01:06 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,139 Upvotes on 3,717 Posts
That is very strange. I went thru entire owners manual. You shouldn't need to do an update for the unit to play jpegs. That codec should have already been in there.

I'm temporarily at a loss to tell you what to do. I'll keep researching this problem.

Old 12-25-12, 06:19 AM
N
PJmax

Thank you for trying. I hope someone can help me with this problem

Also, I am wondering if anyone has the same problem with the same model, or even different model ?

Thanks all

Old 12-25-12, 04:57 PM
I
same problem

Hi,
Just to let you know I have the same problem with this model - hence I'm googling solutions too. When inserting a JPG disc, the thumbnails of all the images show up but when I try to enter fullscreen views, it claims the file type is not supported and the thumbnails subsequently are replaced with a 'do not enter' sign. Mysterious, and I agree, in the manual it claims JPEG is a supported format and should work. Just got the player today and am trying it out, with the possibility of returning it, so I haven't updated the firmware.

Old 12-25-12, 06:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 4,139 Upvotes on 3,717 Posts
If the file type wasn't supported then it wouldn't even show the thumbnails.

I've found many people with the same complaint and no one has gotten it working yet.

It appears that this may be a problem in the entire line of this unit.

Keep in contact with Samsung Tech Support. At this point it seems that they're the only ones who can help with this issue.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: