50' HDMI Cable

Old 03-10-13, 10:15 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question 50' HDMI Cable

For a 50' hdmi cable, does it matter who i buy it from these daya? A few years ago it DID matter and Monster was really the best option around per tests i found on the internet. But it has been a few years and i need another 50' HMDI cord for a different run.

Does anyone have any input on a good manufacturer or a good 50' cable i can buy on the internet?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-13, 10:22 AM
For instance, i found Monster MC 1000HD-50 Ultra-High Speed HDTV HDMI Cable (50 feet) for 180$ CL3 Certified
and
Aurum Ultra Series - High Speed HDMI Cable (50 feet) With Ethernet - CL3 Certified - Supports 3D and Audio Return $29.00

Should i try the cheaper or is it known that monster is the best (besides the warranty)

Old 03-10-13, 11:36 AM
Group Moderator
Received 73 Votes on 65 Posts
IMO I would save the $150.

Old 03-10-13, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Votes on 54 Posts
FWIW, I buy them on Ebay for cheap! I've found no difference between these and those pricey ones.
You can find the 50ft ones on Ebay for under $20 and free shipping.

Old 03-11-13, 05:02 AM
Try Amazon.com they have good prices too and various dealers competing against each other so prices tend to stay fairly reasonable. Mind me asking why so long a cable though? Best if you can possibly go shorter but I also understand the need sometimes for a longer cable. I had to do the same thing for my computer so the cable would reach the router.

Old 03-18-13, 12:04 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most likely a projector hookup.

I buy all my cables at Monoprice (FYI, most Amazon sellers are reselling Monoprice branded cables at inflated prices). Seriously cheap and high quality. However for the longer runs you will need to go with heavier cables (24 or 22ga) or the Redmere active repeater cables (the same technology found in Monster cables, BTW ) to ensure signal reliability. Thin cable conductors + long runs (>25ft) with no repeaters = sparkles in the picture. That will cost a lot more than the cheapo 28-30ga cables you found for $30, but it's still less than half of what a Monster cable will run. AND Monoprice puts a lifetime warranty on all their cables.

Last edited by JerseyMatt; 03-18-13 at 12:19 PM.
Old 03-18-13, 08:20 PM
Great tip Matt I will have to take a note of that myself. I do have a tv that could use either HDMI or the older RCA cable from a dvd recorder. Never wanted to spend much on the old DVD recorder though as it doesn't work well but at least still works.