Screen reolution for streaming on a Sony KDF-E42A10

Old 06-07-13, 04:01 AM
Screen reolution for streaming on a Sony KDF-E42A10

Grand WEGA 3LCD Rear Projection HDTV. Computer monitor is a Dell E178FP. I know that I am supposed to set the resolution to what my TV uses in order to have a full screen picture when streaming from the PC. I have found nothing that will work. Cannot find ANYWHERE that will tell me what the resolution of the TV is, other than the ratio. And I have tried 800 x600, 1024 x 768, 1152 x 864, 1280 x 768, 1280 x 1024 and none of them make any difference. The picture area is still fairly small.

I have seen set ups where there is a 2nd display, but I am not sure how to do it, plus how can I get those properties to be right if I don't have - or know the correct options to choose from? Do I choose set up a display adapter? What in the world do I choose from there? I have a lot of ATI and Intel chipset and graphics controller stuff.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-13, 05:16 AM
The TV's native resolution is 1280x720, 16:9 ratio, and is progressive (720p) which means a refresh rate of 30Hz. The computer probably cannot match these settings, so you're not going to see a full screen image without adjusting the Zoom/Wide settings on the TV. If you use zoom the picture quality will suffer.