Toshiba Regza 32HL67 TV shuts off while watching, then turns on by itself

Old 06-09-13, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toshiba Regza 32HL67 TV shuts off while watching, then turns on by itself

I've been searching online for a solution, and found nothing. I have a Toshiba Regza 32HL67, and after about 8-10 minutes of watching, it shuts off by itself. The yellow light on the bottom will flash 3 times, pause, then flash 3 times again with the yellow light staying on at the end for a few seconds. After leaving it for about 5 minutes, it will come back on by itself. It has repeated that cycle 3 times this morning. The TV was manufactured August 2007. I found something online that suggested you reseat all the connectors on the boards inside the TV, which I did, no difference. I also did a visual inspection on all the capacitors, and saw none were bulging, or looked abnormal. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-13, 07:21 PM
Temporarily Suspended
We just had a lengthy thread about a TV problem & it turned out to be the power strip. So, start with that & also see if the TV is overheating.

Old 06-09-13, 07:37 PM
I tried the TV in another room (even in another house), still does it. I'll look into the overheating thing, but I don't think it would turn on by itself if it was. It is also inconsistant at times. Last night it shut off 3 times, then stayed on for an hour straight. This morning it was on and off consistently for almost an hour straight.

Old 06-09-13, 07:49 PM
Temporarily Suspended
In that case, I'd contact Toshiba

Contact Us