Audiovox overhead flip down dvd player - model VOH681A

Old 07-03-13, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Audiovox overhead flip down dvd player - model VOH681A

We bought a used van and this dvd player is installed on the ceiling. There is a actual player to insert dvds under the seat. The flip down screen was broken off the player on ceiling. We are looking to get it working for car trip for the kids and thought maybe we could just purchase another screen, but that seems to be a dead end. We didn't know if we can purchase any player and just put it in place where this one is? (neither of us is very mechanical or electrically savvy) or should we have the exact same one. Obviously the same one would fit nicely in the spot. But we weren't sure if we could just hook it to the same wires that are underneath the current, broken one? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-13, 07:08 PM
Group Moderator
Received 510 Votes on 480 Posts
Actually any DVD player with AUX input will work. I don't think that Audiovox unit is available from the company any more. However, I did see several on eBay.

Old 07-03-13, 09:37 PM
Yeah we did find some of them on ebay, but found other cheaper ones but didn't know if we could just take that one out and hook another in the same spot easily. Thanks

Old 07-03-13, 10:44 PM
Group Moderator
Sure......if the DVD player under the seat is what drives that then the unit on the ceiling just needs 12 vdc power which is there but will be a different type of connection and the audio/video feed. The power on the Audiovox is a red and black wire on a two pin plug. The audio and video should be connected with RCA type cables.

There are a lot of options that could have been wired into your system like remote infra red control and an FM modulator that would allow the video to be played thru the car speakers. It may not be easy to reconnect these features on a different monitor. There are a lot of pluses for staying with the original system. Another item to keep in mind is if the headliner is cut.....the new one may not cover the same hole as well as the mounting will most likely be different.

Old 07-11-13, 01:25 PM
Okay. found a new drop down screen cheap on ebay and received it today. He hooked it up and we put dvd in player under seat and it comes on fine. Only problem, when we push "play" nothing happens. If I push stop, it says "hit play to continue" and when I hit play, the forward arrow icon shows up on screen and it continues to play. But I can not get it to play from the "play movie" menu. Will this require a remote and if so where would I find one? The player under the seat is a "worldstar car dvd/cd player" can't find model number. Thanks

Old 07-12-13, 06:38 AM
Group Moderator
Not an extremely popular brand and I can't seem to find much about them at all any more.

A model number would have been a start.

I'm trying to figure out if the buttons are working......why it won't perform the function you want.