high pitch squeal on standby mode

Old 11-09-13, 06:56 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
high pitch squeal on standby mode

I have a brand new "ViewSonic PJD6221 DLP Projector" Works great , I run it from the ceiling and on eco mode through VGA from my pc. It has a dedicated outlet that taps into one other outlet in the room with a fridge connected. After powering off the projector it goes into standby mode, while in standby mode I can hear a high pitched squeal noise. not loud enough you can hear it sitting down but only within arms reach of the projector. This noise stops if unplugged or turned on. If unplugged and plugged back in it wont make the noise again for maybe 15 minutes. Im guessing it has something to do with the power supply but is it normal? is it hurting anything? Ive searched around and seen dlp tvs making such noises but never found a solid lead on what to do or not do. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-13, 11:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,036 Votes on 960 Posts
Try plugging it in to a completely different circuit.
If it still makes the same noise, I'd take it back defective.

Old 11-12-13, 01:00 AM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Okay so I did some more research and Im sure the noise I am hearing is coming from the power supply, once again it only does this during standby mode. From what Ive found Some power supplies just make this noise and some dont. What I do know is for a return it will cost me $30 to ship this and I dont want to waste that money if this isnt a problem. Does anyone here know anything about power supplies, transistors and other things of the sort.