Lost the Fox channel

Old 12-05-13, 03:01 PM
Received 5 Votes on 1 Post
Question Lost the Fox channel

About a year ago I had a guy install an antenna on the roof. Everything was okay until 2 days ago. Two days ago channel 4.1 Fox local was coming in good. Now my TV doesn't even recognize channel 4.1 OR 4.2 when I re-scan for channels. The channel is working for my neighbors.
I've checked and re-checked the settings. It is set to Air as I don't have cable.
I unplugged the TV and plugged it back in and re-scanned.
I can't figure out what in the world can be wrong that channel 4 would just drop off the face of the planet for my TV.
Thanks for any help you can give me!

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-13, 03:42 PM
Received 13 Votes on 11 Posts
I have to turn my antenna 90 to get PBS. Try adjusting your antenna while someone watches the TV.

I can't figure out what in the world can be wrong that channel 4 would just drop off the face of the planet
I can go a week or two with no signal from PBS regardless of antenna position. Best guess is solar storms. In your case it also could be the station lowering broadcast power to save money.

Old 12-05-13, 03:54 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
All of a sudden, I couldn't get MSNBC. It was blocked by parental controls. My father had Alzheimer's & I thought he had pressed the wrong buttons, only to learn that my jingoist brother blocked the station. He forgot to block the HD channel. Maybe the same thing happened to you except in reverse. A radical leftist blocked Fox.

Old 12-05-13, 06:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 514 Votes on 484 Posts
How about all the rest of the channels ?

If the other channels are ok..... do you know if channel 4 transmits from the same location ?

Old 12-06-13, 06:16 PM
Received 5 Votes on 1 Post
Channel 4 is about 7 miles from me.
Funny thing...I came home from work today and its working fine now.
Another funny thing...I don't have cable, my neighbor has Time Warner. She said her Fox 4 channel has been off for the last 2 days...What in the world?

Old 12-06-13, 06:19 PM
Temporarily Suspended
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Apparently, there was a glitch on their end. We take it for granted but it's just not a perfect medium.