Network adapter or new Blu-ray player

Old 01-01-14, 08:35 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Network adapter or new Blu-ray player

Ok, I'm really a newbie when it comes to A/V...recently got rid of (finally) a 25-inch Sharp CRT TV and bought a Panasonic smart plasma. We don't have a network adapter for the TV and are still running an older standard def multi-disc Sony DVD player. So, no Netflix, Pandora, You Tube, etc. yet for us.

So, is it even worth getting the proprietary Panasonic network adapter for the TV, or should I just put that money into a new Blu-ray player? I'm thinking the latter.

There are other things I need to deal with still to enjoy the TV fully (HD TV signal, etc.), but those will come in time.

TIA for your thoughts...and Happy New Year!

Maurice

Old 01-01-14, 11:40 AM
D
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I guess I should have made it clear that a new BR player would have smart capabilities...would make the Panasonic network adapter moot, right?

Old 01-02-14, 05:14 AM
R
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Try Chromecast. They are $35. You use your smart phone, tablet, or PC to set it up and control it. I own one. Flawless.

Sold online and at retail stores.

(Uh-oh ... I sound like an advertiser!)

Old 01-02-14, 09:16 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Since you already need to upgrade your DVD player I think that's the way to go. Make sure it has the wi-fi network capability built-in so no additional adapters are needed.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: