Base and treble controls not working on receiver while watching TV

Old 01-12-14, 06:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Base and treble controls not working on receiver while watching TV

We recently bought a 60" LCD TV, as well as a Playstation for the kids, and I spent the afternoon hooking both up to my old Yamaha receiver, which I've simply used for powering my music system in the past. Everything seems to be working fine except for one thing - I can't seem to adjust the treble or base on the receiver when viewing the TV, nor do they work when I use the Playstation to play a CD.

Am I missing something? I hooked up the sound from the TV to the receiver via the jacks labelled 'TV', while the Playstation is hooked up directly to the TV via a HDMI cable and thus relays music from the CD to the receiver via the TV. Either way the treble and base controls should function, so why aren't they? I'm tempted to try one of the other inputs on the reciver. like the CD, but don't want to blow anything by doing so.

I should also add that the 'effect's functions on the receiver work fine in terms of adjusting the sound for things like 'concert hall', 'stadium', etc - it's just those darn base and treble controls that don't want to do anything.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-14, 06:43 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
No problems - figured out the answer myself. Somewhere along the line either me or one of my kids hit the tone bypass switch on the receiver, which is why the base and treble controls weren't working. I hadn't noticed, and figured there must have been something wrong with the new additions to the system.