Repair of LG 42PC5DC

Old 03-16-14, 02:07 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Repair of LG 42PC5DC

I recently acquired an LG 42pc5dc plasma display. The unit had been diagnosed by a local repair shop, and according to their documents, the problem was that the unit didn't have a picture, but did power up and have sound.

The diagnosis of the display was that the drive modules were bad, and they quoted approx $430 to repair. The client declined having the unit repaired. This was how I obtained the unit.

With that being said, I purchased the following modules and installed them:

YDRVTP MOD

XRRBT MOD

ZSUS MOD

After replacing these modules, the same problem still persists. With that being said, I do have a degree in electronics tech, but do not have the necessary bench equip / service manuals to properly troubleshoot this.

Is there possibly a module that I missed, so there is still an open in the circuit? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-14, 02:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,051 Votes on 975 Posts
You're hoping that the plasma screen is ok.

There are several sites with free LG manuals. Search thru Google. If not... PM me your email address and I'll send you a PDF copy.

Old 03-16-14, 02:50 PM
C
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
PJ Max:

I sent you my contact info regarding the service manual. I would like to assume that the PDP is alright. It does not show any obvious sings of damage, however that is not saying much.

But, with that being said, the repair shop that the display was initially taken to is a very reputable repair shop, and I would trust their judgement.

The only possible issue that could possibly be present, would be the xlbt module, as I didn't replace that one. It had appeared by the markings that had checked out as ok. But, Since it appears that they are connected together in series to light up each half of the display, if the left module were bad, this may explain why the PDP won't light up, correct?