Samsung UN60F8000 loses picture and sound for 1-2 sec with Xfinity X1 via HDMI

Old 06-11-14, 11:58 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Samsung UN60F8000 loses picture and sound for 1-2 sec with Xfinity X1 via HDMI

I have a brand new Samsung UN60F8000 with a fantastic picture. It is connected to my Xfinity X1 dvr box made by Pace. I noticed that when watching live tv, maybe once an hour or so, the screen will go black and a message at top says HDMI, and audio will stop for 1-2 sec, the everything comes back normal. No other glitchiness noted.

Then, last night, we were watching something we had recorded on dvr. All of the sudden, the TV went black and clicked and shut off completely. I turned it on, and everything was normal. I have no issues changing channels, etc. This seemed to coincide with when dvr started another recording while we were watching existing one.

We had an old Panasonic plasma hooked up via HDMI to DVI before this tv, and we never had an issue.

I have read that this is a Comcast thing, and others say it is a Samsung thing. Anyone know about this?
Thanks
Dave

Sponsored Links
Old 06-11-14, 06:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,027 Votes on 953 Posts
Any interruption in the data stream can cause the picture to go black and the audio to drop out for a few seconds. It could be the box or the TV.

All of the sudden, the TV went black and clicked and shut off completely.
That is a TV problem. The cable box can't turn your TV off.

Old 06-12-14, 02:45 AM
D
The turning off thing seems to be the Eco setting. Will shut that off. I was going to watch DVD and see if there are any blackouts. If so, tv is bad bit not, cable is dropping out. Does that sound reasonable?

Old 06-20-14, 04:47 AM
D
So in the past couple weeks, i have noticed the following:
1. Intermittent flash to black occurs once an evening usually in first few minutes of turning on tv.
2. Tv no longer shuts itself off. Must have been a setting that was not set right.
3. Intermittent flash to black only occurs with stb attached with hdmi. Does not happen with dvd or streaming on smart tv wirelessly.
I am thinking this is a Comcast/Xfinity issue

Old 06-26-14, 09:50 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
HDMI also carries control signals along with the audio & video so make sure any "link" services on your components are disabled. It's slightly possible a control output from the DVR is being misinterpreted by the TV.

That said--I have the same issue, with slightly more frequent drop-outs, with Motorola, Yamaha & LG components so I don't believe there's anything wrong with your TV. I do have Comcast. Hmmm...