Movies Downloads

Old 06-21-14, 08:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Movies Downloads

There are some movies I want to buy from Vudu but it says “This title is viewable on PC in SD only”. Amazon also has the same title but don’t say what I would download

So if I pay my $9.99 what kind of file do I download? Is it mp4, mkv or what?

Would I be able to copy the movie to a DVD and watch it on my TV?

Since I will pay I will assume it is legal?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-14, 05:00 AM
You pay for the right to watch it on your device. It will stay on the device (PC), but there is no file to copy to DVD. To watch it on TV you need to connect the device to the TV or have a TV that's connected to the internet so it can access the movie.

Old 06-23-14, 06:17 AM
Now I get it, thanks Rick

Good think I didn’t order it because doesn’t sound a good idea to me, for the same price $9.99 I can order the DVD. But I guess for some people it may be what they want

Old 06-24-14, 01:28 AM
I could be wrong but I do believe there are some movies you can actually download and then put on disk not to distribute or sell but for personal use or as an archive in case your hard drive crashes. Some though stay in what is called cloud storage and you can never download them like with Ultraviolet copies of movies. I just recently put a movie in the cloud on Google Play that my brother gave our family. The Ultraviolet copy is nice though in case you are out of town or in another part of your house and don't want to get up and get the movie.

Old 06-24-14, 07:33 AM
I’m familiar with the Cloud storage hedgeclippers but it’s not for me (for now), I still prefer to have all my files on my HD or my external HD.

I’m a movies collector and I was searching for “The Longest Day” which I found only on Vudu but later I also found it bundled up along with 3 other movies for $15.00 at the local HMV store and I bought it.

I think inetvideo.ca, hmv.ca and Amazon.ca have a great selection with good price / delivery