rca headphones static noise

Old 06-21-14, 03:03 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
rca headphones static noise

Hello, I have tried plugging this headphones set in different sound sources (phone, CD player, TV) but the result was the same: the music was always heard with a loud static noise in the background. The batteries seem to be new and the charge adequate. Please see the picture of the device make/model.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestion on where to start my troubleshooting, or a reference to an online resource which could help. Trying to fix this for my neighbor.

As always, thanks and best wishes, h.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 06-21-14, 03:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 519 Votes on 489 Posts
There really isn't a whole lot of diagnosing you can do. The system is capable of using one of three frequencies/channels. Do you have both set to the same channel ? If yes.... try moving both to a different channel.

Are the headphones quiet when the audio plug is not connected ?
After you plug the 3.5mm plug into your audio source..... does the audio light on the unit turn on ?

The link below is for your unit. You may find an additional piece of advice I missed.
If not... the unit may also be defective.
voxxintlcorp/docs/common/WHP141/WHP141_OM.pdf

Old 06-21-14, 06:24 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
I use a similar set in our audio booth at church to listen to television "return". Hey, they ain't Koss, but serve the purpose. Mine have a frequency wheel, rather than positive click switch. It does matter that they are in tune with the mother ship, and that you don't wander too far.