Hitachi LCD TV not always turning on

Old 07-28-14, 10:23 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Hitachi LCD TV not always turning on

Hello,

I have a Hitachi LE39H217 TV. Last week, it started not wanting to turn on, front led stay on red. Not turning on etiehr with remote or power button on side. Unplugged TV and tried, nothing, unplugged again and after a few times pressing power it finaly turned on. Since then there doesn't seem to be a specific way to turn it on, sometimes it will go on first try, sometimes it will take a few minutes, unplugged or not.

Any ideas ?

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Old 07-28-14, 06:25 PM
Group Moderator
Received 375 Votes on 352 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Today's consumer electronics are not user friendly for servicing. I work on these units and they aren't always a joy to fix.

I was looking around the forums for a similar problem to yours. It appears that once you get a reliable unit it works ok. Many people bought several new ones to get a single working one.

The biggest problem with these TV's is power supply failures.... either due to heat or from defective capacitors. You would need some basic electronic knowledge if you planned to repair it yourself. If you do intend to service it yourself the first thing you'll need is a service manual. I can post a link to a company where you can purchase a hard copy or a downloadable version.

You could also go the route of just replacing the power supply board. However, without testing there's no guarantee that it is the only problem.

HITACHI LE39H217 Power Supply Board CEM903B