Toshiba 55" No Picture

Old 09-24-14, 06:06 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toshiba 55" No Picture

First off, I have learned everything I know about LCD TV's in the past 2 weeks, so I am a novice with vast commen sense at best. Our 55" Toshiba 55HT1U was the victim of a lightning strike (along with AC, stove, etc.) a few weeks ago (yes I had a surge protector inline). After the incident, the TV wouldnt power up. I removed the back panel to see a burnt chip in the power board. The fuse is still good, which I found strange. Anyway, I replaced the power board, got power to the unit, but still no picture and green power light didnt come on. On a hunch, i bought and replaced the main board (with all the inputs on it). Now the green power light on the front comes on, but no picture. I hooked up a video game to it and it doesnt appear to have sound either. I will try to hook up a tv to it this evening to confirm the whole sound thing. Any advice or suggestions are welcome. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-14, 12:37 AM
Group Moderator
Received 516 Votes on 486 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

Swapping boards is one thing but without any test equipment or service manual it's going to be pretty hard to repair your TV.

Old 10-01-14, 02:34 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
I'm sure you've already thought of this, but do you have homeowner's or renter's insurance that would cover the cost of replacing or repairing the TV (as well as the A/C and stove)? Unless you have a huge deductible, I'd be turning these items into your insurance company.