Toshiba 46g300u Power Supply keeps blowing fuse

Old 11-08-14, 06:10 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Toshiba 46g300u Power Supply keeps blowing fuse

Had a power surge which blew Toshiba 46G300u LCD TV. I replaced the power supply, and it continues to blow the fuse.

Guessing there is a short somewhere else or another problem. There were no bulging caps on the original power supply, but I put in a brand new one and still have the fuse blowing. It blows as soon as I plug it in. I've also isolated the power supply by unplugging all of the other components from the board. It still blows the fuse...even with a new power supply board. Could it somehow be the plug/cord? That is the only thing plugged into the power supply when I unhook everything else. Or are the other components required? Even with everything plugged into the new power supply it blows the fuse

Any ideas? Hate to just start replacing components....

Not great with a multimeter either- but there are no odd looking resistors capacitors or anything else on the new power supply.

Any thoughts would be great...thanks very much

Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-14, 07:49 PM
Group Moderator
Received 378 Votes on 355 Posts
It would appear that your replacement power supply board is defective.

Old 11-09-14, 05:13 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That would actually be great news. But before I contact the company for a replacement....is there anything else that could cause that? Nothing was re-wired or anything...just the power surge. Could the cord be faulty or anything else they may try to tell me? Just plugging in a new power supply would be the easiest of solutions...and of course the replacement came shipped to me that it had been tested , Etc. I did notice that the new one is lacking a resistor that the OEM had- it's called VS101, and is mentioned as one that sometimes needs replacing if the board continues to blow fuses. The new power supply does not even have this resistor soldered in.

Any other possibilities? Or clearly just a bad board.

Thanks again

Old 11-09-14, 11:43 AM
Group Moderator
Received 378 Votes on 355 Posts
I don't have any particulars on that board and can't comment on VS101.

You said you powered up new power supply board with no connections plugged in from the TV and it blows fuses. If the fuse is on the board... it can't be a power cord issue.