Soundbar and Bluetooth radio question.

Old 12-04-14, 03:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Soundbar and Bluetooth radio question.

I'm trying to piece together the last part of my little media hub. Nothing fancy but I have a nice soundbar with sub and I want to listen to music from it. More specifically, radio. It is Bluetooth capable. SO, my question is, what would be my best option for accomplishing my goal? I envision a small radio on the lower shelf that my kids could use to listen to music but I'm not sure which direction to take for this simple piece of the puzzle.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-14, 08:14 AM
Are you looking for a basic bluetooth-output AM/FM-only radio or a radio that sources music from the 'net and your home network? I'm not up to date on this (I use a Squeezebox to stream home network and internet music into my A/V system) but I do recall reading of "radios" like the Logitech Smart Radio. It's not currently on their website so maybe the world wasn't ready for a small radio that could access music from the entire planet? Perhaps smartphones have made expensive dedicated devices like that unnecessary.

If I were looking to stream music to a BT soundbar I'd consider buying a used smartphone or tablet and use it to access the 'net via your home wifi and pair that to your soundbar. You don't need a plan on the phone to just use it for controlling wifi sources.

Old 12-05-14, 11:45 AM
Those are some good ideas. The smart phone idea is a good one and one that may work. Thank you for the reply.