Picture Problem for GAOO

Old 03-22-01, 06:01 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a 27" GAOO with Picture in Picture that I bought new about 8 years ago. The PIP picture is perfect. The picture on the main screen has, however, practically disappeared. Two weeks ago it was fine. Since then it is very dark, reddish and blurred and totally unwatchable. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and whether this is worth fixing. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-01, 09:43 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
1st thing I usually recommend with any tv that using IC clips/processors is to unplug the tv for 5 minutes, just don't want to overlook anything that just simply got hung up.

Since the PIP part has a perfect picture, it is likely in the processor or PIP related circuitry, I have never looked at a tv with PIP, so I don't have specific experience with them, and would need the manual & schematic to really to attempt to give any further determination on this.

http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...threadid=54036

This thread I posted gives a lot of very usefull info on tv's structure, and some usefull troubleshooting info, I am not sure if it mentioned PIP if never looked that far, but it is an excellent source of information.

Is it worth repair, well worth is usually a personal thing, I am always says if repairs approach the 50 % cost of replacement than that is usually the route I recommend, it may also be just a matter of replacing 1 IC chip. If you find a dealer taht sells and repair this brand of tv's they may know when you describe the problem to them exactly what it is most likely to be, and give you a repair quote based on that.

[Edited by dkerr on 03-23-01 at 09:04]