Samsund LCD TV problems

Old 02-19-15, 08:17 AM
O
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Samsund LCD TV problems

Ladies and Gentleman,

My Samsung Ln32a550p3f lcd tv shows two white colored thin horizontal lines in the bottom half of the screen when dark(no video). When video on, these lines go greenish-black. Please take a quick look at the attached picture to get a better idea of the trouble.

First of all, I ordered and replaced a new T-con from ebay. It never helped. I realized I did a poor troubleshooting because I found most threads from google pinpointing to a defective T-con. When I unplugged two ribbon cables coming from the panel into T-con, two black horizontal lines still appear in the display. That means that the T-con is still good.
I verified the health of capacitors in power supply. No burnt, No bulged and No leaks. The inverter looks ok since backlighting still performing well. The main board (video card) seems to be ok since video does not show any issues except those black lines.

I am frustrated that I am not able to figure it out but i learned a great deal of knowledge in troubleshooting a defective lcd.

I really appreciate your great help in solving the issue.

Thanks in advance

Attached Images  

Last edited by PJmax; 02-19-15 at 01:00 PM. Reason: added TV model to text
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-15, 01:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,041 Votes on 965 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It's not likely to be a power supply. My first thought is a defective/broken cable between the screen and the board.