Bluetooth Music Receiver - Home Stereo

Old 06-19-15, 11:01 AM
M
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Bluetooth Music Receiver - Home Stereo

I'm looking for a decent bluetooth audio receiver to connect to my Harman Kardon AVR635. I came across one made by Rocketfish for only $29, which has both a digital coax and optical audio output. Other than the audio outputs, I'm not sure how else to compare the many modules that are on the market. A reliable wireless link is an obvious necessity.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-15, 04:36 AM
R
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Most low-end consumer products are capable of the same adequate sound specs, and there is nothing "audiophile" about playing MP3s over bluetooth, so shop on price and features. For example, do you need optical or will RCA suffice? Do you need a 1/8" wired input?

To me, that Rocketfish is as good as any. Logitech also makes consistent products.

Old 06-23-15, 06:38 AM
J
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
If you're looking for wireless and better sound quality with a much more diversified source of music look into Sonos. Granted, more expensive but certainly worth the money. And you can add to the system. All controlled from your IPad/IPhone/Android. Individual music in individual areas. I think $200.00 is the starting price. Much better sound in my opinion thus worth the money.

Old 06-24-15, 08:11 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Logitech "Squeezebox" is another Bluetooth streamer that connects your analog receiver to your digital music. Can be controlled by their various remotes or by a phone app. If sound quality is important, the Squeezebox supports lossless FLAC files.
I first became aware of the device when I saw it used in several suites at an audiophile convention.

Such a controller might be overkill if you're just looking to stream music from your phone to a receiver.