In ProcessAdSlots.php line 39: Trying to access array offset on value of type null

Blu-ray Player Repair – Panasonic DMP-BD30

Old 07-18-15, 05:26 AM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Blu-ray Player Repair – Panasonic DMP-BD30

Seven years old with light use; Blu-ray discs do not load/play (regular DVD discs play just fine). Seems odd that one format plays, other does not. The firmware seems up to date but loading it to the player seems never to execute (???). Do we think there’s hope for repair here or do I just bite the bullet on a new unit?
Thanks,
TheKingfish

Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-15, 06:21 AM
T
Please disregard my post. Not a total revelation but given the plummeting prices for players these days it’s hard to justify turning the key and taking the old unit to a repair person (if s/he still exists). Just brushing up against the Singularity I suspect. FYI - I bought a brand new Panasonic DMP-BD81 (2014 model) (eBay $34.50).
Thanks,
TheKingfish

Old 07-18-15, 06:22 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
I searched Google. You are not the only one with that problem. One person said that the charge for repair would have been $130 labor + parts. I wouldn't do it. You can try to update the firmware at:
DMP-BD30/31 Firmware Download | Download | Blu-ray Disc Player/Recorder | Digital AV | Consumer Products | Support | Panasonic Global

I'd look for something else on sale.