VCR Question

Old 04-07-01, 01:07 PM
spike
Visiting Guest
A friend has an older Emerson VCR, I estimate that it could be as much as 10 - 12 years old perhaps. It doesn't seem to accept cable channels above 36 until you get to about 95. The numbers just won't appear no matter what. It's almost as if it isn't capable of hyperband reception. My question is, were many of the somewhat older VCR's incapable of hyperband, or is there actually some problem with this VCR?

Old 04-07-01, 01:48 PM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Good afternoon Spike

I had a vcr just 5 years old that could not go above cable 36. If it is 10 to 12 years old, considering the age ,it most likely won't go above cabel 36, the television universe has grown tremendously in the past 10 years, back then there was no need to have a cable turner that goes to 100 or beyond, 36 channels was enough back then. The fact that the vcr still works is a miracle in itself, it could not have been used much. If you really need to go beyond 36 then just buy another cheap vcr.

Old 04-08-01, 06:41 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Don's right as usual. The hyper channels were not introduced until about 1989-1990. A lot of the old units back in the 80's would only go up to channel 36 and nothing beyond.

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: