internet streaming/wifi extender issue

Old 03-24-16, 09:43 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
internet streaming/wifi extender issue

I have a Magnavox MBP5130/f7 Blu-Ray player with internet streaming capabilities (Netflix, etc). I recently bought a Linksys wi-fi extender to improve internet range throughout the house. The problem is, the extender is causing the Blu-Ray player to fail connecting to the internet. When I go into the Blu-Ray's wireless setup, it shows it is seeing my wi-fi network twice (presumably the router itself and the signal from the extender). I have gone into each of them on the Blu-Ray and put all the correct info in, but the Blu-Ray still displays a "can't connect to the internet" message. I know it's related to the extender because when I unplug it, the Blu-Ray can then connect to the net. Not using the extender is not an option as it's needed to extend the wifi to a security camera on the far end of the house. Any thoughts on how to rectify this?

Sponsored Links
Old 03-25-16, 12:01 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
it shows it is seeing my wi-fi network twice (presumably the router itself and the signal from the extender)

That could be because the extender is also running DHCP. Disable it.

Old 03-25-16, 03:54 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 5 Votes on 5 Posts
In addition consider the load of the periphery on the router. I am using a dual ban router, which helps with the load we have. I never imagined all that we are using via the router......

2 cell phones
2 Ipads
2 laptops
2 wireless printers
1 Microcell
2 Roku streamers

Old 03-26-16, 09:12 AM
T
Do you mean disable it in the wifi extender? Any idea how to do that? The extender instructions say nothing about any of that.

Old 03-26-16, 02:57 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Yes, disable the DHCP server, in the extender. It has to be on the same subnet as your router. Give me the make & model # of the extender & your router.