Panasonic SE-2510/2610: Does anyone know how to thread the dial cord...

Old 11-25-16, 07:33 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Panasonic SE-2510/2610: Does anyone know how to thread the dial cord...

Hi, just did a recap on my Panasonic SE-2610, (can't find it anywhere on the internet but looks exactly like the SE-2510). It is a turn table, cassette tape and AM/FM player. I am having trouble threading the dial cord back on all the pullies. Does anyone happen to have a diagram showing the routing of the dial cord and how many times it is wrapped around the tuning dial knob pulley? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-26-16, 09:43 AM
Group Moderator
Received 271 Votes on 253 Posts
I've restrung many old radios but I can't do it sight unseen. I may be able to help you if you take and post a few pictures. The cotton/nylon dial cord was still available although I haven't seen it recently. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...-pictures.html

There are places that sell the service manual. I wasn't able to find any free versions.
Panasonic Circuit Diagrams Manuals-In-Pdf.com

Panasonic Service Manual | SE2510 (SE2510SM)

Download PANASONIC SE-2510 Service Manual

Old 11-26-16, 10:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Pictures and drawing...

I took a few pictures and also did a drawing showing the possible direction of the dial cord. Basically, it is left to right for the pictures compared to the drawing. The top of the drawing is the front plate. When you see the two pullies that are cocked to the left, then the string changes direction from running along the front of the plate to going to the back of the system. The main board has the big wheel attached to it from the underside of the board, which makes it impossible to attach the ends of the cord with the spring on it to it. If I attach it first, I can't wind the necessary turns onto the tuning dial pulley. It's a catch 22 situation. The 4th picture with showing my hand is the tuning dial pulley, but not attached, the 5th picture is the tuning dial pulley, but attached in the position that it goes. The drawing is the last picture of how I think it might go, but as I said, not sure how many times it wraps around the tuning dial pulley, (it isn't 2-3, more like 8-9?), and then the problem of attaching the spring to a place that is totally accessible. Let me know if you need me to explain it betterName:  DSC03058.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  23.5 KBName:  DSC03059.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  22.0 KBName:  DSC03060.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  24.3 KBName:  DSC03061.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  25.5 KBName:  DSC03062.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  28.3 KBName:  DSC03063.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  36.9 KBName:  SE2510_PANASONIC.jpg