Universal consolidator. Whistle erupts from TV when channel changed

Old 01-20-17, 07:48 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Universal consolidator. Whistle erupts from TV when channel changed

I have an old Sanyo analog tv. Model=AVM-2555; Chassis=G3M-25552; Serial number=V609 040 630 4143.

I have an Channel Master exterior antenna connected with coaxial cable to a Digital to Analog Converter Box [Zinwell Model ZAT-970A].

The remote units are not working very well so I use a Phillips Universal Consolidator to operate the TV and the Analog Converter Box.

A few days ago I pressed a button on the Phillips Universal Consolidator and since then every time I change the TV station a loud whistle emanates from the TV speaker. The whistle continues until the station is "tuned in". I have used the Universal Consolidator menu button to try to resolve this issue. The whistle continues to occur when the channel is changed.

I have reset the Universal Consolidator by removing the batteries and pressing the buttons to remove all codes in the Universal Consolidator. Then I went through the Universal Consolidator setup procedure. This did not resolve the problem.

Do you have any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 01-21-17, 06:31 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Your looking for the problem in the wrong place. It's the tv itself or the box. How do you have your box hooked up to the tv? If your using the AV inputs then the problem is the box.