TV antenna info/repair

Old 05-02-01, 12:54 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I do not want to subscribe to cable service. I have an antenna on the home I just purchased. I traced the wires from the rooftop antenna and they lead to the cable and grounding connections at the back of my house. My question is what do I need to do to use that antenna to receive VHF channels (ABC, NBC and CBS).

lemal

Old 05-07-01, 02:14 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Afternoon, lemal:

Since you have a roof antenna and the antenna is connected to the cable connection, I am going to assume that someone was doing exactly what you want to do.

I would further assume there is a cable TV jack in your house somewhere. Try connecting the TV to the cable jack and see if you don't receive pictures off the roof antenna.

By tying the roof antenna to the cable outside, the other guy eliminated the need to run an extra wire inside the house. He just tied it to the other guy's system.

Of course, if you ever get cable TV connected up again, this lash-up will cause you all sorts of grief with inter-mingling signals from channels 2-13. So, your problems are just beginning. Come back and see us when they occur.

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: