Will over the air antenna work with cable Internet service?

Old 10-04-17, 04:52 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Will over the air antenna work with cable Internet service?

I am looking a the Marathon HDTV Long Distance Amplified Indoor / Outdoor Digital TV Antenna. I also have Spectrum high speed Internet service. My question is, if I get the antenna and combine that with my Internet service so that I can both use the Internet service and connect my TV to the existing coax cable, will it work? Or, will I lose one?

Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-17, 05:53 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
If I understand your question, the antenna & the internet will each have a separate input, to the TV either directly or indirectly through another device. It may use HDMI as well as coaxial.

Old 10-04-17, 06:59 AM
I was thinking about using a coax slitter; One from antenna and one from Internet service. Will both still work?

Old 10-04-17, 07:03 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Are you trying to use the TV as a monitor at the same time that you watch TV? The TV can only handle one input at a time unless there is a split screen feature.

Old 10-04-17, 07:23 AM
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
Does the internet come over a "TV channel" you select using the remote? Or do you select something like "Video 2" for internet and select TV channels to watch TV via cable?

An "A-B switch" or "TV-Game switch" would work better than a splitter. A splitter will work but there will be some signal loss which may make some of the stations you try to get with the antenna not come in. Also a splitter will probably turn channels between 2 and 13 on which there is both an over the air station and a cable station into gibberish.

You may need to go into "setup" using the TV remote to change between antenna usage (antenna or OTA setting) and cable usage (CATV or cable setting).

Old 10-04-17, 07:41 AM
Thanks, Allanj! I may have to consider A-B switch instead then.