HDMI2(ARC)
HDMI3
USB1
USB2
Lan
Component (Y Pr Pb)
Video
Audio L R

I am trying to figure how how to make all the old connections.

I am using Comcast cable box and it's just a coax connection so no issue there. I am going to switch to a HD cable box so I can use the HDMI jack and get HD service.

What I have an issue with is I have an old analog receiver. The CD player, the audio for the Comcast box, and an old tape deck (haha yes it still works) plug into the receiver, and from the receiver, I connect the video and audio to the OLD TV.

The old TV has 4 sets of video/audio jacks. Video-Audio L-Audio R jacks four rows and I can switch between them.

One set was occupied by the receiver; One set was occupied by my younger son's WI game console; the other two sets were unused.

But the new TV only has one set of video/audio jack. How can I plug in both my old receiver and the WI game console and switch between them?

Do I need to buy an analog switch box?

Do I need some sort of adapter for the game console or receiver to connect to one of the HDMI ports?

Do I plug the game console to my old receiver...but then every time my son needs to use it he needs to turn on the receiver?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-17, 10:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
Doesn't the Wii need an audio and video connection ?
Why not connect that with an HDMI cable to a second HDMI input on the TV.

Old 12-23-17, 10:42 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Yes the Wii needs audio video connection.
The device comes with a cable, one end of it plugs into a seemingly proprietary socket on the game console, the other end of the cable splits into three regular jacks, one video two audio. You mean buy another cable that goes from three female jacks into one HDMI plug?

Old 12-23-17, 10:55 AM
Group Moderator
Received 339 Votes on 317 Posts
No... get the Wii cord that connects to HDMI.

I wasn't aware there were multiple cables as the wii's I connected had a cable with an HDMI plug on it.

Old 12-24-17, 06:08 AM
Received 15 Votes on 15 Posts
I am not familiar with Wiis but it is possible that some models only take a cable with three RCA plugs at the other end (for red, white, yellow audio/video jack input cluster) behind the TV and some take a cable with an HDMI plug at the other end. If your Wii gives you the HDMI choice then you want that to go to the TV with the available HDMI jack input.

The HDMI plug carries both audio and video (sound and picture) so it does not need to also have two (red and white) RCA plugs next to it.

The HDMI cable is used by itself, not connected end to end with a cable with the 3 RCA plugs.

Does your receiver have at least 3 clusters of (red, white, yellow) jacks in back, one input for your VHS tape deck, the output cluster connected to the TV, and another input cluster for the existing Wii cord?

Old 05-01-18, 12:02 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
google "wii hdmi converter". I see some selling for $10