New Insignia TV Problems

Old 07-01-18, 01:51 PM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
New Insignia TV Problems

Just bought a new Insignia Roku ready TV. When watching streamed programs (Roku-Prime TV), the closed captions are way out of sync with the audio. Can this be a problem with the TV or is it with the streamed data? The other problem is that some streamed shows require volume to be cranked up to 90+, while cable TV can be heard at around 10. Needless to say a real noise shock when changing input if I forget to lower volume.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-02-18, 07:27 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How Far out of sync? I don't use the feature but when at friends or when surrounded by TVs in a restaurant or bar the CC always seems to lag by 5 seconds or so.

Old 07-03-18, 08:14 AM
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Thanks. I jumped too quickly on this because of wife's complaints. I turned out that only one particular movie on Amazon Prime was way out of sync--minutes. I went thru all inputs and found, as you mentioned, live programming and even some pre-recorded is about 5 seconds out. Movies tend to sync exactly. Having said all of that I am returning the Insignia due to volume inconsistencies on anything streamed. Did not have those problems streaming with old TV and separate Roku box. Think I'll try a Sony.

Old 07-05-18, 01:25 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Don't be too hasty in returning the TV due to sound inconsistencies. I have two fairly new Sony LED TV's that have the same issue. For broadcast TV via HDMI cable from the cable box, I set my volume to around 24 for adequate audio level. However, for streaming or Blue-Ray DVD viewing, I have to crank the volume up to around 60. I have no idea why the audio inconsistencies, but I've just learned to live with it. You may find you've gone to all the trouble of repackaging and returning the Insignia, only to find a different brand does the same thing.