ARC (Audio Return Channel) Not Working (Samsung TV)

Old 04-19-19, 06:25 AM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
ARC (Audio Return Channel) Not Working (Samsung TV)

I recently purchased a Marantz SR5013 AVR, which has ARC (audio return channel) functionality. I'm pretty confident I have the receiver configured properly, but I am not getting any sound out of my home theater speakers from the TV source (Samsung UN50JS7000). Neither the manual for the receiver or the TV is of any help. I can't find ARC mentioned anywhere in the TV menu, and when I go to "Speaker List", it lists the TV speakers, Bluetooth Audio, and Audio Out/Optical. Also, when enabling ARC in the receiver menu, I get a message saying no signal detected from the TV, and to go to the TV menu and enable ARC. I'm about to give up on this feature and just use the optical audio output from the TV to the receiver. I planned on running an optical cable through the wall anyhow, but I could prevent doing so if this ARC feature would just work.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-19-19, 06:44 AM
Apparently this is a common problem with the Samsung TVs. Some have had success using a "One Connect" box (not sure what that is), and others have just resorted to the optical audio output, which is likely what I'll end up doing. It supposedly sounds better anyhow. I may try to run through the TV setup procedure again to see if that resolves it. If not, I'm not going to worry about it.

Old 04-22-19, 08:51 AM
I got it working over the weekend. I had to turn on "Anynet+ HDMI-CEC" and select "TV Audio" on the receiver. Neither of these details are discussed in the manuals. After all that, I think I'll be using the optical audio out.