Connecting In Ceiling Speakers to Receiver

Old 07-18-19, 09:11 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Connecting In Ceiling Speakers to Receiver

Our in ceiling speakers are currently hooked up to a Sonos Amp. They are all on one circuit and I have no desire to play different sources in different rooms. The be charitable I am not a fan of the Sonos system. I have a Denon AVR-X2000 receiver which has assignable Surround Back L and R. My plan is to make the Surround Back a Zone 2 and hook the wires up to the left and right inputs. So my question is, is there a problem with that plan. Thanks.

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-19, 10:16 AM
Group Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 134 Posts
Why did you say you have a Denon AVR-X2000 then include a photo of a AVR-X3500H?

I don't understand why you are referring to your speakers as zone 2. "Zone" is a term you would use when talking about speakers in other rooms of the house. The speakers in your main room would be all the surround speakers in that room then a room elsewhere in the house would be zone 2 having only stereo available.

All the speakers in your main room would be connected to the center, front left, front right, surround left, surround right, surround back left, surround back right and subwoofer connections on your receiver.

Old 07-18-19, 10:30 AM
Oops, didnít notice I had the wrong receiver picture. Itís one I got from the internet. My receiver is in a cabinet and I couldnít get a picture of the back. Iím calling it a zone because thatís exactly what it is. I have my main speakers hooked up to the receiver. I want to know if I can hook my ceiling speakers, which are in several different rooms, up to the Zone 2 inputs on my receiver.

Old 07-18-19, 11:52 AM
Group Moderator
Received 141 Votes on 134 Posts
Ah, your post said you did not want to play different sources in different rooms. You never said you wanted to put speakers in different rooms.

If you read the specs for your receiver it says "you can assign 2 channels of the AVR-X2000’s 7-channel amplifier to provide power for stereo speakers located in another room". Your manual will confirm but you would probably use the connectors labeled assignable. Then in the setup of the receiver select a two zone setup.

Old 07-18-19, 01:08 PM
OK, thank you for your help.