what is this thing on my ceiling?


Old 09-17-19, 09:15 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
what is this thing on my ceiling?

My friend recently bought a new home that has all kinds of things built into the house. We find these things on the ceiling in most of the rooms but aren't sure what they are. Does anyone know or have any suggestions?
Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 09-17-19, 09:26 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: USA
Posts: 23,801
Received 287 Votes on 262 Posts
Take the cover off and give us a photo of what's inside. It looks like one of these, but I don't know why every room would have one.

Old 09-18-19, 05:05 AM
Norm201's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: United States
Posts: 7,783
Received 108 Votes on 99 Posts
I've seen things at my dentist office, only on the walls. It allows electrical cords to be run behind wall and through the wall. Surprised it's allowed. meant for low voltage only.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title: