In-wall wiring for wall mounting TV and soundbar

Old 12-25-19, 10:25 PM
M
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
In-wall wiring for wall mounting TV and soundbar

I am going to wall mount TV and soundbar and I am looking for cable management tips.

So far, I have found this to be closest to what I am looking to do. Just checking if it would be cheaper to find the parts separate? Pardon my ignorance, what would wall plates like these be called?

Old 12-25-19, 10:58 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Personally for a hundred dollars I would pass!

All that is doing is tucking the wires into the wall where a few zip ties and some cable management you can neatly organize everything into a singe bundle coming down from the TV.

Plus, if you ever move the TV you now have a fair amount of repair to the wall!

Saws are also suitable for doing karate in the garage.
This is in the description what ever the heck it means who knows!

Last edited by Marq1; 12-25-19 at 11:17 PM.
Old 12-26-19, 09:15 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
I install a lot of TVs. Usually I'll install a receptacle and pass thru plate. See the link below.

This supplies power to the TV and in your case the sound bar too. You need to figure out where the cables are coming from. They can be run on the surface hanging from the TV or you can fish them thru the wall and bring them out into an equipment cabinet below.

TV wall plate

Old 12-27-19, 06:02 AM
Z
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 422 Upvotes on 375 Posts
I too have used items like Pete mentioned and definitely like that solution.

But if you don't want to start cutting into the walls and doing wiring, I'd suggest Wiremold. It's easy and covers the wiring nicely.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Wiremold...C210/202264878

Old 12-31-19, 01:25 PM
M
I want to make a power grommet like the one behind the TV or behind the soundbar in that product that I shared earlier (https://www.amazon.com/Echogear-Soun...glink467639-20)

any suggestions about how to make one myself? I want to keep it either single grommet size or single gang size

Old 01-15-20, 01:32 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I suspect the task is nearly, or already completed? Not an authority, I posted a similar thread numerous years ago when a DIY member posted the suggestion.

Installed an electrical outlet to the framing at the base and another behind the t.v. and with the framing exposed attached 2" abs pipe to the frame cut to the desired length, I cut the abs to where it came below the top box, not too close eliminated any sharp bends, and above the bottom cable box. The cables did not require any sharp bends so I was able to use brush type recessed box at both the top and bottom. In theory, should only require a single cable from the AV to the t.v. however, in my case, I later included another component that required an additional set of cables and with the abs behind the wall made the task rather simple. Anyhow, very pleased with the outcome, food for thought?

Old 01-18-20, 11:15 AM
M
thank you for sharing. Can you share a picture of the set-up?

Old 01-18-20, 10:39 PM
L
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I am not computer literate and consequently having a problem linking photos from my camera to this thread, as soon as I figure it out I will try again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: