Help an Old Geezer with Streaming

Old 06-23-20, 10:53 AM
H
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Help an Old Geezer with Streaming

I have a TV with a Roku stick and it works pretty well. Can I put a stick on a second TV and access Netflix, amazon and all my other apps? Do I have to pay more?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-20, 01:23 PM
Group Moderator
Received 498 Votes on 457 Posts
Yes, you can put a 2nd or 3rd stick on other tv's. Last I heard Netflix subscription rate was for either 1 tv (basic) or multiple tv's (plus). Meaning 2 people could watch 2 different things on 2 different tv's with the plus subscription. If it's just you, you can have as many sticks and tv's as you want but if you have basic it means you can only be logged into one at a time.

Old 06-23-20, 01:29 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
I have 6 TV's on roku all running hulu. Roku charges 99$ for unlimited amount of sticks or TV's. I only pay 1 fee for hulu, Sorry don't remember how much but runs on all my TV's.

Old 06-23-20, 02:30 PM
H
Thanks guys. Sometimes it's hard being 75. This will allow me to finish a series that I like and my wife doesn't.

Old 06-23-20, 02:33 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 487 Votes on 448 Posts
It's a bit different to get your head around since it's so different than the days of cable where you paid for "the box".
Most newer TV's these days have Roku or other services built in so there is nothing else to buy. If you have an older TV you may need to purchase a device but you are just purchasing hardware. Once you've bought it that's it.

The subscription for Netflix, Amazon, Disney or whatever is the monthly subscription and it belongs to you (the human). It does not matter what device you watch it on. You can watch on any TV or computer anywhere. It's a change from the old days of a cable box where you paid monthly for "the box". You can move your stick or box to another TV without any fee or you can buy more sticks & boxes. Aside from the initial purchasing of the hardware there is no additional cost. They will work off your one subscription to Netflix, Amazon, Disney...

Old 06-26-20, 09:09 AM
H
Great help. $40 Roku stick on a 2012 Samsung and I have Netflix. Haven't gone thru the sign ins, PINs and passwords for Accorn because I probably won't watch much there, but will want Amazon.

Old 06-26-20, 11:16 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 487 Votes on 448 Posts
I will be curious to hear how Amazon does through your Roku skick. I have continual problems with Amazon and Roku. I have read rumors online that Amazon is playing tricks to push you towards using their Fire Stick instead of Roku.

Old 07-01-20, 01:52 PM
P
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
I've had zero problems with Amazon through my Roku TV. They would be taking a gamble with a stunt like that because a lot of people would probably just drop their Amazon subscription instead of buying a Fire Stick.

Old 07-01-20, 08:56 PM
Group Moderator
Received 498 Votes on 457 Posts
We had problems with Amazon (and a few others) on our Roku... but a newer Roku fixed the problems.

Probably kind of like anything, their interface doesnt always support older versions of Roku devices.

Old 07-02-20, 03:55 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 59 Votes on 55 Posts
As to age I am 77 and just moved into new to me house. Ordered cable here and hated it. Had a good cable service in NC but here in GA there cable sucked. Tried Roku and found out we liked it. Only problem we have is that there is no quick switch between channels.