Replace Remote Control for Sharp 5 Disc MP3?

Old 07-04-20, 06:14 PM
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Replace Remote Control for Sharp 5 Disc MP3?

Like the title says I have a Sharp (XL-BH250 5-Disc Micro Shelf Speaker System 90 Watts ) that I acquired used and there was no remote with it. I tried some old remotes that didn't seem to work. Currently I cant pause, skip, or any CD function except play continuous, one CD after another.. The radio is another story I cant dial LED which means no radio. Same with the MP3 no functions allowed with the existing knobs. I have seen a one RC come up on eBay but it seemed kind of pricey asking 25 bucks plus shipping! A Brand new unit complete is currently. selling at 36 bucks NEW! I have read some old post that claim some have had success with universal remotes but that was for newer TVs.I am a little apprehensive that it may not work with CDs. I was also wondering is there some way I can figure out if any of my older RCs could sync with this Sharp by resetting them if at all possible? I searched for an app that might work but no luck.Thanks for any advise on this.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-20, 08:57 PM
Group Moderator
Received 931 Votes on 868 Posts
Most of the TV codes are known and remotes can learn them. Not the same with audio systems.
The systems use proprietary codes which are not listed for universal remote controls.

There are some high end remotes that may be able to be programmed.

If you want a remote for that unit...... grab it when you see it.
I couldn't find any new or used ones for sale.
I even checked the universal hex code data base and couldn't find a listing.

RRMCGA409AWSA