Speaker problem

Old 09-13-20, 07:58 AM
T
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Speaker problem

I have a new vizio 40 inch tv but the sound is lousy, I have two speakers from an old grant record player and they plug into the back of the vizio ok, but there is NO Amplifier and its real low. How can i get the external speakers to work on the tv. Is there a small amplifier i can connect it too to make it work? Thanks

Old 09-13-20, 10:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,397 Votes on 1,294 Posts
The speakers they use are high efficiency and the TV's don't have much audio power.

There are many audio amps that can take care of that problem.
You could spend hours checking them out on sites like amazon.
I left a link to just one amp that would work fine for you...... Stereo amplifier

Old 09-13-20, 11:27 AM
T

THIS SPEAKER FITS IN THE HOLES IN THE BACK OF MY VIZIO TV. WHEN I GET THE AMPLIFIER YOU MENTIONED WILL IT WORK WITH THIS SPEAKERS, NOTICE THE REGULAR SPEAKER PLUG.

Old 09-13-20, 12:08 PM
Group Moderator
Tom.... you plugged those speakers in to the LINE output jacks.
You need to look for a speaker output jack. It may be a 1/8" (3.5mm) earphone jack.

Post the model number of the TV.

Old 09-13-20, 12:14 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 782 Votes on 719 Posts
I know you already have speakers you want to use but since you'll need to buy an amplifier maybe now is a good time to consider a sound bar. I bought a sound bar from Amazon for $80 which is about the same price as a 2 channel amplifier.

Old 09-13-20, 12:40 PM
T
Pilot Dane, I really like these speakers i have. will keep it in mind, Thanks

Pjmax the Vizio 40 inch Model is #D40F-G9. It does not have headphone speaker jack in the back. does that matter?

Old 09-13-20, 01:57 PM
Group Moderator
Correct. Checked the manual..... you don't have an earphone jack.
That means you need to stick with an audio amp or sound bar for external audio.

If you do go with the separate amplifier..... the input to the amp connects to the output of the TV.
Depending on the speaker connections.... you may need to cut off those RCA plugs and use bare wires.

Don't forget to check with friends and relatives.... many people have old receivers collecting dust that you could also use.

Old 09-13-20, 02:13 PM
H
Received 146 Votes on 128 Posts
I have a new vizio 40 inch tv but the sound is lousy,
You may have to fiddle with sound settings. If the "audio compression" is engaged it can make the sound really muddy. You should check the settings on analog audio out (underlined below).

ADJUSTING THE AUDIO SETTINGS To adjust the audio settings:
1. Press the Menu button on the remote. The on-screen menu is displayed.
2. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight Audio and press OK. The Audio menu is displayed.
3. Use the Arrow buttons to highlight the setting you wish to adjust, then press Left/Right Arrow buttons to change the setting:
• Speakers - Turns the built-in speakers On or Off.
• Volume Control Display - Toggle between On or Off to hide or display the on-screen volume slider that appears when volume is adjusted.
• Surround Sound - Surround sound uses DTS TruSurround™ to deliver an immersive surround sound experience from the TV’s internal speakers. TruSurround completes the entertainment experience by providing deep, rich bass and by delivering crisp details and clear, intelligible dialog. Select On or Off.
• Volume Leveling - Volume leveling uses DTS TruVolume™ to maintain consistent volume levels during transitions between program content, AV formats, and input sources. Select On or Off . In a few cases, volume leveling may artificially suppress volume increases, making it difficult to hear dialog or flattening sudden noises. If this occurs, turn volume leveling off.
• Balance - Adjusts the loudness of the audio output from the left and right speakers.
• Lip Sync - Adjusts the synchronization between the display image and the accompanying audio track.
• Digital Audio Out - Changes the type of processing for digital audio out and HDMI ARC output when connected to a home theater audio system. Select Auto, PCM, Dolby D or Bitstream.
• Analog Audio Out - Sets the volume control properties for the RCA connector when connected to a home theater audio system. Select Variable if you are controlling the volume with the TV’s volume controls, or select Fixed if an external audio device (sound bar or AV receiver) will control the volume.
4. When you have finished adjusting the audio settings, press the Exit button on the remote. A
http://cdn.vizio.com/user-manual/PDF...-G9_UM-ENG.pdf

Old 09-13-20, 02:49 PM
T
Thanks Guys, i will see what i can do. One more thing while i have you here, when i bring up a regular channel like 3, 6, or 10, 29, i get a FULL SCREEN but hen i go to channel 3.1 or 6.1 etc the screen has shrunk, i heard its because the in between stations are SD. but is there any way i can make them FULL SCREEN too?

Old 09-13-20, 02:56 PM
Group Moderator
I have a 40" Vizio too..... the sound is crap and no adjustment helped it.
It appears that they save the money by scrimping on the audio system. It's only a $200 TV.

You can select "aspect ratio" in programming which affects picture size. Mine has a button on the remote that can change picture size to fill the screen too.

Old 09-13-20, 04:04 PM
T
QUOTE >> Mine has a button on the remote that can change picture size to fill the screen too.

What is the Button Called? Is it "Pic"?

Old 09-13-20, 04:35 PM
H
Received 146 Votes on 128 Posts
CHANGING THE SCREEN ASPECT RATIO
To change the screen aspect ratio:
Menu > System > Aspect Ratio Use the Arrow buttons to highlight the aspect ratio you wish to view and press OK. Your TV can display images in different modes: Normal, Stretch, Wide, Zoom, and Panoramic.
• Normal (default) – No change to aspect ratio.
• Stretch – When the 16:9 signal is a 4:3 image with black bars left and right, stretches to fill the screen.
• Wide – Stretches a 4:3 aspect ratio to fill 16:9 screen. If a 16:9 image, adds black bars to top and bottom.
• Zoom – Expands image both horizontally and vertically by 14%.
• Panoramic* - Stretches a 4:3 image to fill 16:9 screen with an algorithm so the center doesn’t look stretched

Old 09-13-20, 04:55 PM
T
Hal_s Thanks was able to make the channel screens bigger.

Thank You To All For Your Help, APPRECIATE IT.

Old 09-13-20, 07:15 PM
Group Moderator

*Enabled/disabled different accessibility features by holding down button for 5 seconds.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: