Why Am I Getting Sunday Night Football in Spanish

Old 11-22-20, 06:27 PM
H
Received 5 Votes on 4 Posts
Why Am I Getting Sunday Night Football in Spanish

All of the pregame on NBC is in English, but when the game starts, it translates to Spanish. The video shows Al Michaels and Chris Collingsworth, but their audio is translated. Am I losing my mind at 75?

Old 11-22-20, 06:47 PM
Group Moderator
Received 789 Votes on 727 Posts
Probably just the channel you picked. Its probably on multiple channels.

Old 11-22-20, 06:47 PM
H
Received 137 Votes on 119 Posts
Common problem my mother has with Verizon.

SAP (Second Audio Program) gets flipped on by default on some older set top boxes.
On the Verizon remotes, you can USUALLY use the PIP (picture in picture) button at the bottom of the remote to swap the audio from Spanish to English.

Theoretically, you can THEN go through the menu to disable SAP on that particular channel, and lock in English as the main audio feed, but I find that doesn't work for long, so I've just dabbed white-out onto the remote key that swaps the audio from Spanish to English.

Drangd voted this post useful.
Old 11-23-20, 02:43 PM
H
I neglected to say that this is Comcast with a pretty recent DVR. Also, the commercials are in English. I was watching on the main Denver NBC station.

Old 12-09-20, 02:35 PM
H
I am really confused now. I got a replacement DVR today and for the moment, it works well. The real mystery is that I recorded the Sunday Night Football game while it was being sent to me in Spanish. I verified the Spanish when re-playing on the old DVR. The same recording now plays in English thru the new DVR. How can this be?

Old 12-09-20, 03:41 PM
H
Received 137 Votes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by Handyman663T
he real mystery is that I recorded the Sunday Night Football game while it was being sent to me in Spanish. I verified the Spanish when re-playing on the old DVR. The same recording now plays in English thru the new DVR. How can this be?
A DVR mainly records video- the audio streams English, Spanish, French (if available) are recorded as part of the nominally 'English" recorded video file.
It is the settings on the playback machine that determine which of several languages you hear on the playback.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: