Is there a way to watch NFL on portable TV while camping?

Old 01-26-21, 06:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Is there a way to watch NFL on portable TV while camping?

Hello:
The family has 'Comcast' subscription both TV and Internet
One of my family members plans to go camping and he said he wants to watch some Sports programs while camping.
Is there a way to watch Sport Programs on portable TV while camping?
If can, what accessories he needs to purchase?
Thanks for your help in advance.

Old 01-26-21, 07:04 AM
Group Moderator
Received 854 Votes on 782 Posts
Assuming there is cell signal, watch it on a tablet or laptop instead of a TV. Then broadcast via wifi to the TV or use a wired connection to send a duplicate screen to the TV. Or, assuming you can get internet access by creating a hotspot, get a device like Roku or Apple TV, to stream to the TV, or be sure the TV is a smart TV that can connect to Comcast without an added device.

PineCone voted this post useful.
Old 01-26-21, 08:12 AM
A
Received 25 Votes on 24 Posts
think most NFL games is broadcast on local over the air channels so you may be able to use some form of antenna if you was close enough and the terrain allowed you to have a signal.

PineCone voted this post useful.
Old 02-19-21, 10:38 AM
Thanks both for responses.
Xsleeper:
I go for Laptop, since I love using Laptop while on road and the job.
The problem is, I'm very new to today's technology, then I have no idea to 'How to set-up Live Sport program' on my Laptop.
I'd really appreciate it if you'd guide me 'step-by-step' on 'How to set-up to watch Live/Stream Sport Program on my HP Laptop.
btw) I'm a Xfinity(Comcast) subscriber.
Thanks,

Old 02-21-21, 12:45 PM
Yes, my Xfinity(Comcast) has one. Until now, I never realized there is stream to watch any programs.

Old 02-22-21, 06:04 AM
H
Received 149 Votes on 130 Posts
If you are going to be camping IN RANGE of the local TV broadcasts (local tv stations still broadcast over the air for free, all you need are "rabbit ears" antennas to get local tv. there's a fair chance a newer portable digital TV would be able to pickup the local sports broadcasts.
There are lots of websites providing digital TV maps for which stations you're likely to be able to receive.

If he's thinking about streaming video over a cellphone connection, I'd HIGHLY suggest he check his data plan, AND his options for "roaming data" if he's camping outside the carrier service area.

Finally, you're camping. It MAY be better to listen to the game, rather than watch. (a lost art)
Many newer cellphones include FM radio tuning, which means you can often listen to local radio stations.
Unlock the secret FM tuner in your Android phone - CNET

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: