What's wrong with this TV?

Old 04-26-23, 02:59 PM
J
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
What's wrong with this TV?

https://youtu.be/ECyDfTrx1u0

It the connection flickers in and almost out. Loose ribbon cable? Dying mobo?

Old 04-26-23, 05:54 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,607 Upvotes on 3,234 Posts
Why does it says "signal being searched for" ??
What is that on the screen..... some type of screen saver ?
You didn't post the model number..... I have no idea what boards it uses.

Old 04-27-23, 02:50 AM
T
Received 168 Upvotes on 145 Posts
Based solely on the foot shown in the video, I would guess it's a Samsung.

If you are using an antenna, check the signal strength. On mine I navigate to Settings> Support> Device Care> Self Diagnosis> Signal Information. Look at the SNR (Signal to Noise Ratio) expressed in dB. I need a SNR around 20 dB or better fo a stable picture.

Check with the station's Engineering Dept to see if they have problems in their transmitter, transmission line or antenna. If not and your SNR is low, you can use it to aim the antenna.

Different models may have different features. Highly recommend you download a manual for your model in PDF form. Much easier to search to search for things. I downloaded several versions before I decided the E-Manual was best for me.

Old 04-27-23, 05:34 AM
J
LG 49UJ6200
I couldn't tell ya why it says that as I just picked it up off the street. But right now I'm stuck with these ribbon cable latches. What is the trick to get them to grab once pushed down? I've got a couple others that are working just by pushing the cable contacts up to the back as far as it can go then I close down with the latch and it sticks but this one pictured won't lock like that. It closes but doesn't lock down. I JUST took it out too and I'm pretty sure nothing broke. Is there a trick to these I'm missing?

Once I figure this out I'll look into the settings as I read somewhere there are some settings that can possibly fix flickering issues

Old 04-27-23, 05:35 AM
J
And it's not connected to cable or anything. This is the internal signal

Old 04-27-23, 05:57 AM
Received 77 Upvotes on 72 Posts
From the video the TV appears to have some kind of internal fault, but again the make and model would be helpful.

I stopped fixing modern TVs after I found out what a PITA they can be.

The same mode can use several different board types and revisions that you have to get that exact one or else it will not work also you can't be 100% sure of the problem without expensive tools and randomly replacing boards is just tossing money away in my opinion.

juntjoo voted this post useful.
Old 04-27-23, 06:20 AM
J
Old 04-27-23, 10:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,607 Upvotes on 3,234 Posts
I could see it in your video...... you did not have the black lock all the way up and the cable was not going all the way into the socket.

Helpful cable video

Old 05-02-23, 02:58 PM
J
Thanks PJ! Yeah it wasn't pushed in enough. Cool. I feel like a got a stripe on my white belt in consumer electronics repair. Will report back after doing system diagnostics/tools

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: