1996 RCA Big Screen

Old 08-20-01, 04:18 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

Our Big Screen projection television has a green hue to it when it is on. We have sattelite TV and use the s-video cable but it seems to be green on all inputs. Is there an adjustment that can be made regarding the blue and red or green lights that are in the back. Help. Thanks.

Pam

Old 08-21-01, 04:25 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Afternoon, PamelaM:

Yes, the grey scale tracking is normally an internal adjustment on these sets but I don't recommend it for the novice. It involves changing some critical voltages on the projection tubes and has to be done correctly. If it is not done correctly, the life of the projection tube is in danger of being shortened substantially. And, unfortunately, we don't have the time and space for a crash course on this operation.

In any projection system of this type, green is the predominant color. A natural aging of the projection tubes will occur and both red & blue will taper off leaving green as the basic background color.

I recommend a call to the technician to perform a grey scale tracking set up on your unit. I should not be very expensive but it is wise to get some estimates.

Smokey

Old 03-09-02, 10:25 AM
Visiting Guest
Smile Repair of Green hue

Thanks Smokey,

We got quotes on repair shops to come out and take a look at the green hue in the TV. Most were not sure what the problem was. The company that finally came in took the front screen off and made adjust focus nad G2 controls, they also cleaned the lens and mirror. United TV Service in Chicago was here for about 20 minutes and charged 39 dollars. The screen looks like brand new. Thanks for your help.

Pam

Old 03-09-02, 02:54 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
You may not thank me when I tell you this:

Adjusting the G2 voltages is fine for an aging set but it will not last very long. The problem will reappear in six months to a year.

Smokey

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: