CD PLAYER

Old 11-10-01, 05:51 PM
G
Visiting Guest
Question

I'M HAVING TROUBLE WITH MY YAMAHA CD PLAYER. THE OPEN/CLOSE DOOR WILL NOT REMAIN CLOSED AFTER I PLACE THE CD IN THE TRAY. SO THE PLAYER WILL NOT PLAY THE CD. I HAVE TRIED USING A COMMERCIAL 'CD PLAYER CLEANER' BUT IT HASN'T HELPED. DOES ANYBODY HAVE ANY IDEAS AS TO WHAT COULD BE THE PROBLEM AND WHAT I CAN DO TO FIX IT? THANX!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-11-01, 07:12 AM
B
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool More...

Need more info, model number, number of CD's it holds, how old? Most likely a micro switch failure/dirty. Could be as bad as optics failure. The only thing I can suggest at this time is to open the unit up, look for the small 2/16 wide 3/16 to 4/16 long, usually black and or brown. Spray them with a lightly lubricated tuner cleaner Cat.#: 910-3886 Model: MCL5MS-H15 from Radio Shack.
Then with a cleaner that you would clean your plastic eyeglasses with on a Q-Tip, GENTLY clean the "Eye" of the optic assembly usually sitting at the bottom of player right next to the small metal pad that the CD sits on. You can leave the top off the unit and plug it back in, see if that does it. Lights on in the room OK as long as it's not extremely bright. If it plays put it back together, if it doesn't then you will need some electronics test equipment and a little knowledge to continue...

Old 11-11-01, 12:06 PM
S
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Smile

Aha! Big Mike got a "Round Two It". LOL