Recomend a large screen?

Old 12-08-01, 04:21 AM
david ahluwalia
Visiting Guest
Question Recomend a large screen?

My brother in law is looking for a large screen TV.He told me that the salesperson told him the in a couple of years cable will all be wide screen fomate and digital.And to spend money now on one that isn,t wide screen would no0t be good,because half your screen your paying for will be cut off.Well to go from $1300 to $35-4000 for a HD wide screen is not in his buget.I can see HD is well worth it but what about the rest? And is one recomended over the rest?

Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-01, 04:35 AM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

Good Morning, David:

There's some truth and some fiction in the salesman's dialog. Since he works on a commission, it is safe to say he would like to sell you the high cost machine.

We recently discussed the digital versus analog issue and you can see it here
http://forum.doityourself.com/showth...threadid=74360

As for the brand to buy, that will generate a lot of answers, I am sure. Everyone has a favorite and will rave about its performance.

So, for my two cents worth, Mitsubishi and Sony seem to stand out a little more for reliability based on the reports I have read.

Smokey

Old 12-08-01, 04:50 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Oh Yea

Absolutely! Mitsubishi! They cost more but you get the best picture, warranty etc from Mits. Sony is excellent too. BUT... For my $$$ Plasma! It will be digital ready and they only cost 8K or so but are supposed to live forever.