DVD player question

Old 12-09-01, 05:27 AM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question DVD player question

Ok, I had a little discussion with a co-worker in regard to a panasonic dvd player I recently purchased. He was suggesting that a person should purchase player that is multi-functional such as the sony playstation 2 in which of course can now play dvd.
My argument back to him was the quality of the dvd isn't going as good as the standard dvd. I think I purchased a quality dvd player. I really don't know how much the playstation can hold up to before breaking down or anything like that.

But, my question comes down to this: is there a difference in the quality of my panasonic dvd and the dvd off the playstation?

Thanks,
Shawn

Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-01, 02:47 PM
B
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Same

DVD is DVD. It's all done by the same laser (Ruby), same speeds the only difference between one and another is the bells and whistles. One will play games, one plays MP3, one will do the samba the other won't... Besides if you are only going to view DVD then why spend $400 for the SPS When a good quality DVD player cashes in around $200? If you do play games then buy the SPS and have the best of both worlds.

Old 12-09-01, 02:50 PM
S
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Smile

Hey, Shawn!
Haven't seen you for a while! Glad to see you back!

Lemme see if I can wake up Big Mike to give you the answer to your question. He's the guru on this subject.

Thanks for dropping by.

Smokey