Fisher Receiver/Amp - output resistance (left spkr.)

Old 01-05-02, 11:54 AM
Visiting Guest
Question Fisher Receiver/Amp - output resistance (left spkr.)

Any hepful hints on how to fix the following problem?

I have a Fisher RS-646 Stereo Receiver/AMP. (I don't think that this in itself is the problem. )

The Problem:
There is no sound output to the left channel (both "A" and "B" speaker jacks) at low volume levels.

If I crank up the volume for a second the signal "breaks through" the resistance and I get sound to the left speaker.

(I have switched speakers, etc. and it seems clear that this is a problem with the receiver and not the speakers.)

Any wisdom out there on this one?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 01-05-02, 12:38 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Solder

You have bad, cold, broken solder joints. Fisher is so known for this you wouldn't believe it. You will need a Pencil 40, 60 watt soldering iron and some Electronic 60/40 Solder. Lay the tip of the heated iron on the connections, count to five maybe ten and add a little solder. The worse section will be around the outputs that are connected to the large aluminum heat sink. Resolder the cracked/cold joints and fire it up. That should do it. Practice soldering one some pieces of wire to get the feel, got hot what you are soldering then add solder in. Any Q's holler. PS: Don't run that amp high powered like that, it will pop the amps!!! Mucho more money then!

Last edited by bigmike; 01-05-02 at 05:41 PM.
Old 01-05-02, 04:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Thanks Big Mike

You rule. I will give it a go.
Thanks!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: