Pioneer SD 5073-K Audio Problem

Old 01-07-02, 12:49 PM
Visiting Guest
Pioneer SD 5073-K Audio Problem

This is a Pioneer Proj TV,,,about 5-6 years old. The audio cuts in and out, sometimes low and hissu and sometimes normal. I am thikning that there is a replaceable board. Does anyoine know where to get info on this, Pioneer has a service knowledge base on their site buit you need a password to access it.

Thanks

Old 01-08-02, 04:38 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Hiccup

Did this question get answered? I personaly answered it but the post isn't there. Forum may have hiccuped...

Old 01-09-02, 01:39 PM
Visiting Guest
NO ANSWER

There was no answer posted. Please repost. Thank you

Old 01-09-02, 02:16 PM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Age

Could be solder joints, the audio IC failing. Seems I remember our TV tech saying something about the IC’s in these but believe it was model specific. With the hissing I would suspect the IC… This is going to be a shop repair, how old is it? Age could be having an effect.

Old 01-10-02, 12:09 AM
Visiting Guest
audio noise

Mike,
The TV is 5 years old. What is the IC? ID it a board that I can replace?
Thanks

Old 01-10-02, 02:13 AM
bigmike
Visiting Guest
Cool Smokey

IC is short for Integrated Circuit. As for where it is I have no idea. I am not the TV expert here. Unless you have some test equipment and the schematic it will be difficult to troubleshoot this. I would look on the board for cracked and cold solder joints. Cold joints will be porous looking and dull. Smokey should be around soon. He’s old so you have to give him time to get from the bathroom to the computer room Actually he’s battling a tooth. Friggin dentists charge an arm and a leg but you can’t get an appointment for two weeks. Two weeks to wait to sit in the Marquee De Sades chair… What a world

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: