Sony 25" TV Lost Sound

Old 01-23-02, 06:48 AM
SSL
Visiting Guest
Angry Sony 25" TV Lost Sound

Have a Sony 25" TV. Turned on the TV and had sound. I dropped the remote about 5 inches from the ground. Then the TV sound disappeared. I turned off the TV and back on. No fix. I tried to use the sound from the TV directly and not the remote. No fix. I reviewed the menu options and all settings are correct. The remote itself works as I can change channels etc. I can turn up the volume and see the volume bar on the TV go up and down but still not sound. The mute button is not on. Any ideas? Thanks, SSL

Old 01-23-02, 07:24 AM
Doctorhifi
Visiting Guest
Check to see if your TV remote control has a button on it labeled something like 'audio' or SAP. From your description of what happened, it seems logical that a button on the remote was pressed when it was dropped, and this cause (somehow) the TV to mute, or switch the sound off. I suspect the TV may be in the SAP (Secondary Audio Program) mode. The volume will operate as usual, but the TV's tuner is trying to reproduce sound that is not being offered.

If you press this button again, you should toggle through to the proper mode.

Old 01-25-02, 11:43 AM
SSL
Visiting Guest
That worked. Thanks!!

Old 01-26-02, 05:36 PM
Smokey
Visiting Guest
Ain't it great how we overlook the simplest things. Great post, Doc! Smokey admires your posts!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: